Isn’t it painful to see your training buddies hurt their knees during sparring? Easily more than half the UFC fighters have trained in BJJ, and we know damn well it is a martial art that requires Lots of KNEE WORK.
From takedowns to ground grappling, your knees take a lot of IMPACT and PRESSURE.
After several hours of research and reviews, Mcdavid Knee pad is by far the best in the market.
When looking for knee pads, there are a few things to remember.
First, you want to make sure they’re comfortable and won’t restrict your movement.
Secondly, you want to consider the level of protection they provide and the durability of the material.
Mcdavid Knee pad does a good job in these things.
There are a couple of knee pads in the market that also offer excellent protection, durability, and comfort, which makes them a good choice for any BJJ practitioner.
These knee pads will provide you with the support and protection you need to dominate the mat. Here are our top picks
Looking for a knee pad that provides excellent compression, stability, and protection? Look no further than the McDavid Knee Pad with Thick Gel Insert.
- Provides excellent compression for instant relief and injury prevention
- Therapeutic warmth and healing thanks to the neoprene material
- Superb impact absorption thanks to the gel Sorbothane insert
- Not very breathable
- May slide down when wet
- Some users may find it uncomfortable or too narrow
The McDavid Knee Pad with Thick Gel Insert is a good choice for athletes and active individuals who need EXTRA SUPPORT and PROTECTION for their knees.
The compression helps blood flow and reduces swelling and pain, while the gel Sorbothane insert provides excellent impact absorption.
The neoprene material also provides therapeutic WARMTH and HEALING for those with knee issues. However, the knee pad may not be very breathable and may slide down when wet.
Additionally, some users may find it uncomfortable or too narrow.
Overall, if you’re looking for a knee pad that provides excellent compression, stability, and protection, the McDavid Knee Pad with Thick Gel Insert is a great choice.
2) KO Sports Gear’s Black and Grey Neoprene Knee Pad – Wrestling BJJ Grappling and MMA Workouts Training – Shooting Sleeve (Adult 2X)
If you’re looking for a comfortable knee pad that won’t bind up in the back and will keep your knee joint warm and ready for action, then KO Sports Gear’s Black and Grey Neoprene Knee Pad is a great option.
- Comfortable and doesn’t bind up in the back
- Keeps your knee joint warm and ready for action to minimize injuries
- Designed to move with the knee joint to keep it secure and protected
- May show signs of wear and tear after extended use
- It may run small, so be sure to check the size chart before ordering
- Only sold individually, so you’ll need to purchase two for full coverage
The KO Sports Gear Knee Pad is made from high-quality padded neoprene that provides excellent protection without binding up in the back.
It’s also designed to MOVE WITH YOUR KNEE JOINT, so you won’t have to worry about it slipping or sliding during your workout.
One thing to be mindful of is that the knee pad may show signs of wear and tear after extended use, so you may need to replace it after a few months.
Additionally, some users have reported that the knee pad runs small, so be sure to check the size chart before ordering.
Overall, if you’re looking for a comfortable and effective knee pad for your BJJ, wrestling, or MMA workouts, then the KO Sports Gear Knee Pad is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a pair of knee pads that provide unparalleled COMFORT and PROTECTION, the Venum Kontact Gel Knee Pads are definitely worth considering.
- The ultra-lightweight fabric makes these knee pads comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- The cushioning and reinforced padding provide excellent protection against impact and injury.
- The ventilated strategic area delivers better heat management, keeping you cool and comfortable during intense training sessions.
- Some users have reported that these knee pads tend to slide down during use, which can be frustrating and distracting.
- While the sizing chart is accurate, it can be a bit difficult to find the right size for your body type.
- These knee pads are a bit on the expensive side, which may not be ideal for those on a tight budget.
If you’re serious about your BJJ training and want to protect your knees from injury, the Venum Kontact Gel Knee Pads are definitely worth considering.
They provide excellent cushioning and protection while also being lightweight and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
The only potential downsides are that they can be a bit pricey, and some users have reported issues with slippage during use.
Overall, however, these knee pads are a solid investment.
Visiting a Local Store
If you are visiting a local store, here are the key things you need to be mindful of before buying your bjj knee pad.
- Choose knee pads that fit snugly without being too tight or too loose by measuring your knee circumference.
- Look for knee pads made of high-quality materials like neoprene or other breathable materials to prevent excessive sweating.
- Choose knee pads with thick enough padding to protect your knees from impact and friction, but not too bulky that it limits your mobility.
- Choose knee pads specifically designed for BJJ with a pre-curved design that conforms to the shape of your knee and a non-slip surface to prevent them from sliding down during training.
- Look for knee pads that offer a good balance between price and quality, but don’t let price be the only factor in your decision..